Don't miss the guided tour of the Hôtel Dieu (Lyon) on Wednesday, December 4th, led by architect in chief of historic buildings Didier Repellin.
The Grand Hotel-Dieu, a World Heritage Site in the heart of the historic center of Lyon
Throughout its history, the Grand Hôtel-Dieu, emblematic heritage of Lyon that contributed to the life and influence of the city, has been the scene of many adventures (medical, military, religious) with always the same vocation: "to welcome", first as a hospice, then as a hospital and then as a maternity ward. Boasting a European renown, between the Rhône flows and the bustle of the Place Bellecour, the Grand Hôtel-Dieu has always been a place of birth and life heading for the future. This prestigious and emblematic site is reinventing itself in a new lively place to punctuate the daily lives of the inhabitants and visitors from all over the world. The project revolves around the three domes, each representative of a new feature: the international class hotel under the grand dome eighteenth, the City of gastronomy and the convention center in the small dome XVII, a tertiary center of offices in the nineteenth dome and shops on the ground floor with gardens and historic courtyards.
Program of the Journée du Patrimoine
The Journée du Patrimoine will be held in French only.
WEDNESDAY 4th DECEMBER 2019:
This programme is free and open to Show visitors within the limit of places available.
- 9.30am: Meet up at the Grand Hôtel Dieu for coffee
- 10.00am–12.00pm: Guided tour with commentary by Didier Repellin, architect in chief of French Listed Monuments and CEO of RL&Associés
- 12 noon: Return to Eurexpo by coach
(upon registration only)
In addition for 3 days on the show
Tuesday, December 3:
- 1.15pm-2.00pm: Conference "BIM in heritage" animated by Gaël HAMON, co-founder of Graphic Art & Heritage
- 4.30pm-5.00pm: Introduction of the GM Professional Certificate
- Exhibition "Building in natural stone in the 21st century"
- Demonstration of stone cut
- Exhibition of design pieces