Rocalia will offer a series of conferences and round tables open to visitors and exhibitors on various topics related to the natural stone industry and its news.
WARNING : programs are subject to change by organizors.
Rocalia's conferences will be held in French only.
- 10:00am-10:45am - Conference on former quarries and habitats
Like the former Rhone quarries and in particular those in Glay in the Beaujolais hallmarked the architecture of habitats.
by Maisons Paysannes de France
- 11:00am-11:45am - Conference on digital and environmental transitions
by Bruno Combernoux from Les Compagnons du Devoir
- 1:15pm-2:00pm - Conference: a BIM mock-up to restore Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral
by Groupement des Monuments Historiques
- 2:15pm-3:00pm - Conference on the natural regional parks' studies about natural stone in their territory
by Yanick Lasica, PNR representant in Occitanie region, and Françoise Naudet
- 3:15pm-4:00pm - Conference on architectural projects in natural stone
by Elisabeth Polzella
- 10:00am-10:45am - Resistance of dry stone retaining walls: What do scientists say?
by Eric Vincens, teacher-researcher at Ecole Centrale from Lyon
- 11:00am-11:45am - Conference on The Building Information (BIM) and natural stone
by a PhD student of CTMNC
- 1:30pm-2:15pm - Conference on the urban planning of the alleys of the city of Neuilly
by Olivia Gezequel (others speakers to come...)
- 2:30pm-3:15pm - Conference on the Stereotomy 2.0
by Giuseppe Fallacara
- 3:30pm-4:15pm - Conference on the valuation of natural stone
by Didier Esselin
- 10:00am-11:00am - Conference on design and rough stone, from creativity to execution
Innovation through know-how, innovation through materials and transformation processes, access to new markets and new digital transformation methods, valorisation through territorial projects, protecting gestures, reconsidering emblematic objects from our heritage, ecodesign, innovative products…
The bond between matter, designers and craft workers leads to hosts of projects typified by collaboration and rich experiences!
The Cité du Design matériauthèque (materials library of the Design City) is the cornerstone for this kind of project. It associates the control of know-how and the knowledge of matter with the skills of functional research, methodology and innovations by designers.
Conference led by Alexandre Peutin, director of the Cité du Design matériauthèque. He presents this true resource centre, a place cohabited by today and yesteryears, inspiring innovation for creators, industrialists, researchers and students from design, art, engineering and architectural backgrounds.
by Alexandre Peutin of the Cite du Design (Saint-Etienne)
- 11:15am-12:15am - Conference on the thesis "Thermal and environment"
by a PhD student of CTMNC
- 2:00pm-2:45pm - Conference on the reform of Professional training : round table
- 3:00pm-3:30pm - The SIPPA concept has change! Check out the program for 2020
In 2017 ROCALIA presented an exhibition on stereotomy, an artistic and complex building technique based on the stone-cutting art. In 2019, we invite you to discover his application: the acoustic shell, an architectural work designed by Giuseppe Fallacara and carried out by the Compagnons du Devoir apprentices specialised in stone trades. The beauty of this spectacular natural stone work can be seen on the scene of the Forum.
Conception and project : prof. arch Giuseppe Fallacara (New Fundamentals Research Group - Poliba)
Optimisation : arch. Maurizio Barberio (New Fundamentals Research Group - Poliba)
Realisation : Les Compagnons du Devoir