Rocalia will offer a series of conferences and round tables open to visitors and exhibitors on various topics related to the natural stone industry and its news.
WARNING : programs are subject to change by organizors.
Rocalia's conferences will be held in French only.
- 10:00am-10:45am - Conference on former quarries and habitats
Like the former Rhone quarries and in particular those in Glay in the Beaujolais hallmarked the architecture of habitats.
by Maisons Paysannes de France
- 11:00am-12:15am - Conference on the reform of Professional training : round table
by par Jean-Claude Bellanger, Secrétaire Général Les Compagnons du Devoir et du Tour de France
by Nathalie Lathaud, Secrétaire générale Constructys Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
Animated by Philippe Dresto, Directeur de la Recherche Collège des Métiers, Les Compagnons du Devoir et du Tour de France
- 1:15pm-2:00pm - Conference: a BIM mock-up to restore Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral
by Gaël Hamon (Art Graphique & Patrimoine)
In partnership with the Groupement des Monuments Historiques
- 2:15pm-3:00pm - Conference on the natural regional parks' studies about natural stone in their territory
by Nathalie Sautter, Parc naturel du Haut-Languedoc
by Claire Pagès, Parcs Naturels Régionaux
by Hugo Receveur, architecture et habitat
- 3:15pm-4:00pm - Conference on Building in stone: more grey matter for less grey energy
by Elisabeth Polzella
- 10:00am-10:45am - Resistance of dry stone retaining walls: What do scientists say?
by Eric Vincens, teacher-researcher at Ecole Centrale from Lyon
in partenership with the Fédération Française des Professionnels de la Pierre Sèche
- 11:00am-11:45am - Conference on The Building Information (BIM) and natural stone
by Shahinaz Sayagh, Project manager at CTMNC
- 1:30pm-2:15pm - Conference on the urban planning of the alleys of the city of Neuilly sur Seine
by Olivia Gezequel, Direction de la Voierie et des réseaux,
by Bernard Badin (Directeur commercial, Maïa Sonnier),
by Nadia Herbreteau (Architecte DPLG associée Ilex paysage+urbanisme),
- 2:30pm-3:15pm - Conference on the Stereotomy 2.0
by Giuseppe Fallacara, Architecte et Professeur associé en Design architectural à l'Ecole Polytechnique de Bari
- 3:30pm-4:15pm - Conference on the valuation of natural stone
by Didier Esselin
- 10:00am-11:00am - Conference on design and rough stone, from creativity to execution
Innovation through know-how, innovation through materials and transformation processes, access to new markets and new digital transformation methods, valorisation through territorial projects, protecting gestures, reconsidering emblematic objects from our heritage, ecodesign, innovative products…
The bond between matter, designers and craft workers leads to hosts of projects typified by collaboration and rich experiences!
The Cité du Design matériauthèque (materials library of the Design City) is the cornerstone for this kind of project. It associates the control of know-how and the knowledge of matter with the skills of functional research, methodology and innovations by designers.
Conference led by Alexandre Peutin, director of the Cité du Design matériauthèque. He presents this true resource centre, a place cohabited by today and yesteryears, inspiring innovation for creators, industrialists, researchers and students from design, art, engineering and architectural backgrounds.
by Alexandre Peutin of the Cite du Design (Saint-Etienne)
- 11:15am-12:15am - Digital and environmental transitions
by Jocelyn GAC, Responsable Démarche Développement Durable, Directeur du Pôle Energie et Environnement, Les Compagnons du Devoir et du Tour de France.
by Fabien LEQUELLEC, Consultant Stratégie Numérique ( et tailleur de pierre)
- 2:00pm-2:45pm - Conference on the thesis "Thermal and environment"
by Tristan Pestre, PhD student of CTMNC
- 3:00pm-3:30pm - The SIPPA concept has change! Check out the program for 2020
by Laetitia Bertrand, directrice du Pôle Culture & Patrimoines
by François Goven, inspecteur général des Monuments Historiques
In 2017 ROCALIA presented an exhibition on stereotomy, an artistic and complex building technique based on the stone-cutting art. In 2019, we invite you to discover his application: the acoustic shell, an architectural work designed by Giuseppe Fallacara and carried out by the Compagnons du Devoir apprentices specialised in stone trades. The beauty of this spectacular natural stone work can be seen on the scene of the Forum.
Conception and project: prof. arch Giuseppe Fallacara (New Fundamentals Research Group - Poliba)
Optimisation: arch. Maurizio Barberio (New Fundamentals Research Group - Poliba)
Realisation: Les Compagnons du Devoir